Sunday, August 1, 2010

Metallic Paper Something New For Me




I am just beginning to print some of my images on metallic paper. I like the slight 3-D effect it gives and the pearl like look it give your image. Unfortunately, you can't see how great it looks on this Zebra Butterfly. It just doesn't translate to your computer or Etsy shop.

I shot this Zebra butterfly in South Dakota in a wonderful butterfly house. I have photographed them in the wild down in Flamingo in the Everglades. I textured and created the fringe edge on this image.

Cathy 8/1 /10

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning!. I love how u have the all white mat- it pops the butterfly even more!. And it is unfortunate we can't see the true effect...nonetheless this is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful capture Cathy! I can only imagine this on metallic paper. I bet it looks as if it will fly from the page!

    Cheers!
    Julie
    Julie Magers Soulen Photography

    ReplyDelete