Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Big Easy!



Born on the Buyou


Night Parade



At my age you would think I would have had enough of night parades! But it is Mardi Gra and the invitation was too good to pass up. DH's relative has a shop on the main street that we could park behind and use the bathroom. So off we went, we were the last car into the lot. We stayed in the shop until it was time for the parade to start.

It is getting dark, and feels like rain. A helicopter keeps flying over head with a spotlight on the crowd. It is beginning to drizzle. You wonder if it starts to rain, will they cancel the parade and reschedule it for a day we won't be in town. No, here come the police cars to make sure the street is clear. They are followed by tow trucks to collect anyone who disobeyed the law.

Here comes the first float!

It is raining now, who cares, this is fun. "Come on Mister, throw me something!"


Causeway across Lake Ponchartrain

7 comments:

  1. Night parades are cool, and one should never pass up an opportunity to have some fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did he throw you something....What a great time!
    Robin
    CreationsAnew Photography & Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images and the bridge pic looks very long to cross over!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, he did throw me some lovely beads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been to NOLA twice, but not during Mardi Gras. Sounds like a blast! Love the bayou shot, hope it's in your shop!
    Peace, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Thanks for taking me along. I've always wanted to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I was there!
    I love your photography and blog, so I have given your blog an award....go to my blog to check out all the hype!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete